Guwahati: On February 21, at about 5:30 am, the ambush-cum-patrolling party of the border outpost, Putiabaramasia, of 100 BN under Frontier Headquarter BSF Guwahati under PS Sitalkuchi, District Coochbehar (West-Bengal) noticed suspicious movement of 20-25 miscreants from Bangladesh side and 18-20 miscreants on India side along with cattle heads moving towards Indo- Bangladesh Border Fence.
To disperse the miscreants, the ambush-cum-patrolling party threw one chilly grenade towards them. But the miscreants didn’t stop and fired, then proceeded to fire four-five rounds, possibly from a .32 pistol from a distance of about 40-50 Mtrs, according to a press release from BSF, Guwahati Frontier.
“Further in self-defence, the ambush-cum-patrolling party fired one round from PAG towards miscreants. Meanwhile, miscreants managed to escape by taking advantage of foggy weather,” the release said.
While searching the area fence, the patrol team found some breaches near BP No- 904/7-S and recovered two live rounds, two empty cases from the place of occurrence. Additionally, an FIR has been lodged with PS Sitalkuchi.
This is the second incident in the AOR, when miscreants have fired on troops on duty. It is pertinent to mention that same type of firing incident took place on December 31 last year in the aforesaid area in which BSF apprehended two cattle smugglers and three-four miscreants fired a few rounds at the BSF party from a locally-made firearm to free their accomplices.
- Gag order in Myanmar keeps Suu Kyi’s testimony restricted
- Mizoram: COVID-19 recoveries outnumber new cases; death toll at 422
- Infant mortality rate dips in Arunachal Pradesh
- India reports 13,451 new COVID-19 cases, 585 deaths
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 27
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 27