Shillong: The state exchequer will lose around Rs 30 crore per month following the reduction in petrol and diesel prices, Arun Kembhavi, commissioner of taxes, informed.
About one crore litres of petrol and three crore litres of diesel is sold in Meghalaya every month, Kembhavi added. Last fiscal year, the government collected a revenue of Rs 322.57 crore from petrol and diesel sales.
The state has already collected Rs 351.76 crore in revenue from petrol and diesel sales this year, Khembhavi said. Since the current fiscal year will continue for another month and a half, the state cabinet felt the price reduction wouldn’t significantly impact the state revenue, said the commissioner.
- India reports 13,451 new COVID-19 cases, 585 deaths
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 27
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 27
- Assam reports 347 fresh COVID-19 cases, 3 deaths
- China locks down Lanzhou as Covid cases surge due to delta variant
- Elderly couple’s murder in Guwahati home: caretaker held