Sidhi: A 12-year-old girl was mauled to death by a leopard in the Sanjay Tiger Reserve in Madhya Pradesh’s Sidhi district, a police official said on Sunday.
The incident took place on Saturday when the girl along with her mother and some other women went to a forest near Madwas village in the tiger reserve to collect firewood, he said.
Also Read: High Breakfast: Federal agents seized cereals at an airport. Here’s why
A leopard pounced upon the girl and dragged her for about 200 metres, the official from Madwas police post said.
The girl’s mother and other women raised an alarm following which the feline left the victim and ran away into the forest, the official said.
The girl died on the spot, he said, adding that a case was registered and the body was handed over to the family after post-mortem.
- One dead in shooting near Assam-Arunachal border; 2 critical
- Why were grave red flags ignored: Kharge to PM Modi on Odisha rail tragedy
- Meghalaya: 4 peddlers held in West Garo Hills with contraband items
- Army Chief Gen Pande on two-day visit to Bangladesh
- Guwahati cyclists participate in cycle ride, plant trees on World Environment Day
- Manipur: 790 looted ammunition, arms recovered by security forces