Sidhi: A 12-year-old girl was mauled to death by a leopard in the Sanjay Tiger Reserve in Madhya Pradesh’s Sidhi district, a police official said on Sunday.
The incident took place on Saturday when the girl along with her mother and some other women went to a forest near Madwas village in the tiger reserve to collect firewood, he said.
A leopard pounced upon the girl and dragged her for about 200 metres, the official from Madwas police post said.
The girl’s mother and other women raised an alarm following which the feline left the victim and ran away into the forest, the official said.
The girl died on the spot, he said, adding that a case was registered and the body was handed over to the family after post-mortem.
- Successive Assam govts plied ‘encroachers’ with permanent facilities before evicting them
- BJP is ‘jumla party’, will defeat it across India: Mamata
- Northeast Launchpad: Top participants at the event
- Cricket legend Sunil Gavaskar named brand ambassador for Topcem Cement
- US occupation of Afghanistan prevented Afghan self-determination
- Nagaland Lottery September 27: Check Dear Ganga Morning lottery result