Kohima: A total of 36 cases of misappropriation, losses, theft and defalcation involving government money of Rs 215.89 crore have been reported by the Comptroller and auditor general of India (CAG).
As per the report, an amount involving Rs 218.56 crore was reported, out of which only Rs 2.67 crore was recovered until March 31, 2019, CAG added.
Out of the 36 cases, 30 cases were of misappropriation and losses amounting to Rs 210.37 crore; four theft cases involving Ra 0.18 crore; and two defalcation cases amounting to Rs 8.01 crore.
The highest amount of misappropriation, loss and theft amounting to Rs 82.96 crore is from the Department of School Education, involving two cases of misappropriation, one case of theft and one case of loss of government material in the department.
Out of the total amount, the CAG stated that an amount of Rs 0.57 crore had been recovered as of December 2019.
- Mmhonlumo Kikon’s Slingstones: A look into the world of the Naga
- Manipur CM felicitates 7 national and international MMA fighters
- DRDO, Army successfully test ingeniously-developed anti-tank missile
- Delhi Police detains former Tripura minister for allegedly molesting student
- Nagaland: PenThrill releases first Tenyidie book ‘Akezisuo mu puo puotsa’
- Why 81,000 job aspirants are staring at a bleak future in Tripura