In a shocking incident, Pamela Goswami, the General Secretary of Bengal BJP Yuva Morcha, was arrested after cocaine worth a few lakhs was found in her purse and under her car seat. Her friend and colleague in the Yuva Morcha, Prabir Kumar Dey, was also arrested.
The incident took place in the upscale New Alipore area. Goswami and her associate were driving up to a cafe on NR Avenue when the police swooped down on them. 100 gm of cocaine were allegedly found in pouches in Goswami’s purse and under the seat of the car she was in. They were immediately taken away by the police while Goswami screamed that she was being framed. Reportedly, a security guard assigned to Goswami has also been arrested as he too was with them in the car.
According to the police, Goswami and Prabir came under their radar after they were repeatedly spotted visiting a particular cafe, and sitting in the parked car while negotiating with youth who would drive up to the car on motorcycles. After noticing these patterns of a drug dealer, the police waited for her to arrive on Friday and caught her red-handed.
According to reports, Goswami has worked as an air hostess, a model and a TV actress, before joining the BJP in 2019. Later on, she was appointed as the General Secretary and observer for the Yuva Morcha in Hooghly district.
- What happens if you need to pee while you’re asleep?
- Drivers in Mizoram repair dilapidated roads
- Keeping your cool in a warming world: 8 steps to help manage eco-anxiety
- Assam: RGU celebrates International Peace Day
- Meghalaya: Drugs worth Rs 2 crore seized in Shillong
- Ziro Festival to host Israeli musicians in collaboration with Embassy of Israel