Udhagamandalam: The district court here on Friday sentenced a 40-year-old man to undergo life imprisonment and fined him Rs 10 lakh for sexually abusing his daughter.
The man had been abusing his daughter from 2014 to 2017 and threatened his wife of dire consequences if the matter was leaked.
Unable to bear the torture, the teenaged daughter lodged a complaint with the police in September 2017 and got her father arrested.
The trial was on in the district court.
Judge Arunachalam sentenced the man to life imprisonment under POCSO (Protection of Children from Sexual Offences) Act and imposed a fine of Rs 10 lakh.
- Major breakthrough in Darjeeling’s Sivok–Rangpo rail tunnel
- Meghalaya: NPP’s Ampareen Lyngdoh pledges ILP implementation
- Meghalaya: St Anthony’s College to introduce uniforms next year
- IIT Guwahati launches drone tech training programme for armed forces
- Cultural diversity is bedrock of Nagaland: Guv on 61st statehood day
- Manipur: Armed men loots Rs 18.85 cr from Ukhrul PNB