Shillong: Taking a dig at NPP National President, BJP state president Ernest Mawrie termed Conrad Sangma’s statement as a ‘nervous reaction’.
Mawrie’s reaction comes after Sangma claimed that BJP MLAs are in favour of ousting the state president.
Mawrie questioned how the NPP National President was interfering into their matters.
Meanwhile, BJP MLA AL Hek chose to stay away from controversies and played safe. Hek differed from Sangma’s statement and said that it is an internal matter and BJP would solve their own issues.
Hek, however, confirmed that the matter was discussed between him and the Chief Minister. Only BJP can take a final decision in this regard, he added.
Hek stated that he was okay if Mawrie continues to be President or even if Sanbor Shullai is appointed as the new president, but the decision should be taken collectively.
- Modi calls for SCO template to fight radicalisation, extremism
- IT dept widens probe against actor Sonu Sood; search multiple premises
- Meghalaya yet to decide on oil palm cultivation: Forest minister
- Shenzhou-12 astronauts back on Earth after China’s longest space mission
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 17
- Need to increase mineral exploration in eastern states, says Centre