Shillong: Taking a dig at NPP National President, BJP state president Ernest Mawrie termed Conrad Sangma’s statement as a ‘nervous reaction’.
Mawrie’s reaction comes after Sangma claimed that BJP MLAs are in favour of ousting the state president.
Mawrie questioned how the NPP National President was interfering into their matters.
Meanwhile, BJP MLA AL Hek chose to stay away from controversies and played safe. Hek differed from Sangma’s statement and said that it is an internal matter and BJP would solve their own issues.
Hek, however, confirmed that the matter was discussed between him and the Chief Minister. Only BJP can take a final decision in this regard, he added.
Hek stated that he was okay if Mawrie continues to be President or even if Sanbor Shullai is appointed as the new president, but the decision should be taken collectively.
- Children with mild COVID-19 can still develop long-term symptoms: Study
- Nagaland reports 4 fresh COVID-19 cases
- Charged with new case, arrested Meghalaya BJP leader back in police custody
- Indian, Pakistani independence 75 years on: Unresolved conflicts and Kashmir
- Why the ‘Mizoram Single Mothers Foundation’ came into existence
- ‘Laal Singh Chaddha’ lacks that sense of urgency and seriousness