Shillong: Taking a dig at NPP National President, BJP state president Ernest Mawrie termed Conrad Sangma’s statement as a ‘nervous reaction’.
Mawrie’s reaction comes after Sangma claimed that BJP MLAs are in favour of ousting the state president.
Mawrie questioned how the NPP National President was interfering into their matters.
Also Read: Meghalaya: BJP supports removal of party president Mawri, claims CM Conrad Sangma
Meanwhile, BJP MLA AL Hek chose to stay away from controversies and played safe. Hek differed from Sangma’s statement and said that it is an internal matter and BJP would solve their own issues.
Hek, however, confirmed that the matter was discussed between him and the Chief Minister. Only BJP can take a final decision in this regard, he added.
Hek stated that he was okay if Mawrie continues to be President or even if Sanbor Shullai is appointed as the new president, but the decision should be taken collectively.
- Tezpur University organises legal awareness event on child marriage
- Get up to 8.20% returns: Benefits of investing in company FDs
- Arunachal: Candlelight vigil to pay respects to late constable Wangniam Bosai
- Assam Congress files Privilege Notice against CM Himanta
- East-West corridor: Balacherra-Harangajao deadline extended to Oct
- Mizoram: 72 per cent voter turnout in first LMC polls