An earthquake hit Guwahati around 6 pm on February 17.
The magnitude was 4.7, according to the National Center for Seismology.
“Earthquake of Magnitude:4.7, Occurred on 17-02-2021, 17:54:46 IST, Lat: 26.71 & Long: 92.63, Depth: 10 Km ,Location: 17km WNW of Tezpur, Assam, India,” tweeted NCS.
On February 15, a minor earthquake of 3.4 magnitude had hit Kohima around 5 pm. Thankfully, no casualties or property damage was reported.
More details are awaited.
- PM Modi meets UP ministers in Lucknow, stresses on good governance
- Rajnath Singh launches 2 indigenously built warships ‘Surat’ and ‘Udaygiri’
- Trained sniffer dogs may detect Covid infected airport passengers: Study
- WPI inflation at record high in April on price rise across all items
- Manipur: Even floods can’t stop these kids from coming to school in Noney
- Govt OKs exporting wheat registered with customs prior to ban