Kohima: Weeks after a massive rockslide along the NH-29 blocked traffic, another rockslide occurred on Wednesday morning near TL park area. However, debris was cleared, and the highway is now open for traffic.
The Dimapur police had earlier taken to Twitter to inform that the National highway was blocked by a rockslide near TL park area on NH-29, assuring that they would require two hours to clear the debris.
As per the directive of the Dimapur deputy commissioner, the road will be open till 3 PM.
The national highway, currently under expansion to 4 lanes, was closed for traffic on February 2 following a massive rockslide that injured three.
The highway was later open for traffic from February 12 between 6 AM to 10 AM and 2 PM to 5 PM following the intervention of Governor RN Ravi during a review meeting, where it was decided that total restriction on traffic was no longer required.
On Tuesday, the deputy commissioner of Dimapur informed that all types of vehicles would be allowed to ply from 5 AM to 3 PM daily along the NH-29 stretch between Chathe River Bridge (Patkai Bridge) and Kukidolong with effect from Wednesday.
- Tripura: Congress, BJP at loggerheads over ex-CM Deb’s ‘VIP treatment’
- NRC head files complaint against predecessor for data anomalies
- India sees single-day rise of 2,323 COVID-19 cases
- Two govt employees in Assam caught taking bribe, arrested
- Meghalaya attracted investment projects worth Rs 56 cr in FY21: study
- How cryptocurrency price collapse offers hope for slowing climate change