North East Frontier Railway (NFR) on Tuesday carried out its first trial run of the train engine along the Dhansiri-Shukovi (Dimapur-Zubza) railway track.
The train engine arrived from Dhansiri railway station, Assam, to Dhansiripar railway station at around 3 p.m.
In a tweet, PHE minister Jacob Zhimomi welcomed the development, saying “The first train arrived in Dhansiripar railway station from Dhansiri, Assam (February 16, 2021) at 3p.m. Dimapur district. Welcome to Nagaland!.”
Officials at NF Railway said it was only routine testing on the under-construction Dimapur-Zubza rail line. While NF Railways completed linking the railway track ahead of Dhansiripar station, the department aims to finish the railway linkage till Shoxuvi station by March 2021.
- Tendong Lho Rum Faat: Date, history and celebrations
- Assam police officer arrested for accepting bribe
- Arrested Meghalaya BJP leader not cooperating with sex racket probe: Police
- Boxers Nikhat Zareen, Amit Panghal, and Nitu grab CWG gold medals
- Security beefed up at Kolkata’s Indian Museum after shooting
- EC issues ‘Certification of Election’ to next VP Dhankhar