North East Frontier Railway (NFR) on Tuesday carried out its first trial run of the train engine along the Dhansiri-Shukovi (Dimapur-Zubza) railway track.
The train engine arrived from Dhansiri railway station, Assam, to Dhansiripar railway station at around 3 p.m.
In a tweet, PHE minister Jacob Zhimomi welcomed the development, saying “The first train arrived in Dhansiripar railway station from Dhansiri, Assam (February 16, 2021) at 3p.m. Dimapur district. Welcome to Nagaland!.”
Officials at NF Railway said it was only routine testing on the under-construction Dimapur-Zubza rail line. While NF Railways completed linking the railway track ahead of Dhansiripar station, the department aims to finish the railway linkage till Shoxuvi station by March 2021.
- Former Sikkim MLA Prem Lal Subba no more
- Arunachal Christian Forum criticizes ban on public healing programs
- Assam: Tea garden management urged to effectively execute water scheme
- 4.27 lakh undertrial prisoners in country as on Dec 31, 2021: Govt
- Naxal violence down by 77 per cent: Govt tells LS
- Itanagar youths clean up Yagamso River on World Forest Day