North East Frontier Railway (NFR) on Tuesday carried out its first trial run of the train engine along the Dhansiri-Shukovi (Dimapur-Zubza) railway track.
The train engine arrived from Dhansiri railway station, Assam, to Dhansiripar railway station at around 3 p.m.
In a tweet, PHE minister Jacob Zhimomi welcomed the development, saying “The first train arrived in Dhansiripar railway station from Dhansiri, Assam (February 16, 2021) at 3p.m. Dimapur district. Welcome to Nagaland!.”
Officials at NF Railway said it was only routine testing on the under-construction Dimapur-Zubza rail line. While NF Railways completed linking the railway track ahead of Dhansiripar station, the department aims to finish the railway linkage till Shoxuvi station by March 2021.
- Kolkata receives highest September rainfall in 13 years, downpour to continue
- Need to end COVID-19 pandemic, our response too slow: UN chief
- ‘Hotel Rwanda’ hero sentenced to 25 years on terror charges
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam