Shillong: The Meghalaya Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan School Association on Tuesday informed that the state government has reconsidered their request to implement the salary structure and also to enhance the salary of 12,541 SSA teachers, including both lower primary and upper primary teachers.
Addressing mediapersons in Shillong, SSA Association President Aristotle Rymbai said, “The Director of Schools Education & Literacy, Ambrose Ch Marak, informed the Association that government has decided to consider their demands. He also informed that education department has instructed him to prepare a proposal related to this demand . The proposal must be taken up to the Executive Committee of State Education Mission Authority Meghalaya (SEMAM) which will be held in March. Once the EC gives the approval, it will be sent to the Ministry of Education for the approval of the project approval board.
On February 9, 2021, a memorandum submitted to the Education Minister Lahkmen Rymbui called for the implementation of the salary structure and enhance the salary of the SSA teachers in Meghalaya.
The teachers want to be at par with regular teachers, as per revised pay structure under Meghalaya Service Revision of Pay Rules 2018. The Association had also given a deadline to the government till February 18, 2021.
Rymbai added that this proposal should be brought forth to SEMAM and get the executive committee’s approval and then sent to the Ministry of Education.
- Manipur: Bollywood actor Randeep Hooda marries Lin Laishram in Imphal
- Women’s rights in the balance as India weighs criminalising marital rape
- Nagaland: Water supply halted in Kohima after one found dead in reservoir
- Northeast Petroleum Union calls off strike after govt discussion
- Violence or poverty? The stark choice for many women
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for November 29