Scientist accidently found life under 3000 feet of ice, even though previously assuming that Antarctica’s frigid temperatures and lack of light and food made it impossible for living creatures to thrive.
The British Antarctic Survey drilled over 2,800 feet before making the discovery. The creatures were found adhered to a boulder in the arctic seas under the Filchner-Ronne Ice Shelf.
The animals revealed in the videos from the British Antarctic Survey are unidentified. The animal, highlighted in white, looks more like a round sponge-like animal whereas the animals in red seem to have long stalks.
- Rashtrapati Bhavan’s Mughal Gardens renamed ‘Amrit Udyan’, to open from Jan 31
- Tunes based on ragas, mega drone show to be flavour of Beating Retreat ceremony
- Meghalaya only state in India denying education to children: Mukul Sangma
- Counsel ‘decourted’ for donning jeans in Gauhati HC
- Budget session of Mizoram Assembly from Feb 7 to March 13
- Amit Shah stresses on need to increase conviction rate in country