Scientist accidently found life under 3000 feet of ice, even though previously assuming that Antarctica’s frigid temperatures and lack of light and food made it impossible for living creatures to thrive.
The British Antarctic Survey drilled over 2,800 feet before making the discovery. The creatures were found adhered to a boulder in the arctic seas under the Filchner-Ronne Ice Shelf.
The animals revealed in the videos from the British Antarctic Survey are unidentified. The animal, highlighted in white, looks more like a round sponge-like animal whereas the animals in red seem to have long stalks.
- Manipur: Assam Rifles recovers cache of weapons in Churachandpur
- Arunachal: 526 kg of marijuana seized, one woman arrested
- Drug addiction affects society as a whole: Meghalaya DyCM
- Will Gorkhaland Territorial polls in Darjeeling usher in a new era?
- Use mapping to identify vulnerable areas in Silchar, suggests expert
- Manipur: 2 journalists arrested for alleged connection with insurgents