Kohima: The Nagaland Legislative Assembly on Monday referred the SARFAESI Act 2002 to a select committee, contending that provisions of the legislation were in conflict to Article 371A of the Constitution.
The article states that no act of Parliament shall come into effect in Nagaland without the Assembly adopting it.
The decision to refer the Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest (SARFAESI) Act was unanimously taken by the ruling and opposition bench members on the second day of the ongoing budget session.
Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio said the Act should be forwarded to the select committee for further discussion and legal consultation before adopting a resolution in the House.
- Garena’s Free Fire Max Redeem Codes for February 4, 2023
- Mizoram to expedite exploration of oil, gas deposits
- Voting for Tipra Motha is like not giving vote: Himanta in Tripura
- In Meghalaya, a Garo village never got power. Another only got bills
- Rs 1.93 lakh crore military equipment imported between 2017-18 and 2021-22: Govt
- How an obscure US firm profited from sparking Adani’s stock price plunge