Kohima: After a day long debate on the Naga political issue, members of the Nagaland Legislative Assembly (NLA) on Tuesday formed a drafting committee comprising of seven members from all the political parties in the Assembly.
The legislators who are part of the drafting committee include Minister of planning and coordination, Land revenue and Parliamentary Affairs Neiba Kronu, Adviser SCERT, IPR and Village guards Toshi Wungtung from the Nationalist Democratic Progressive People’s Part (NDPP), Health minister S Pangnyu Phom, PHED minister Jacob Zhimomi from BJP, Independent politician and Minister of PWD (Housing and Mechanical) Tongpang Ozukum, and Opposition MLAs Chotisuh Sazo and Imkong L Imchen from the Naga People’s Front (NPF).
The drafting committee is scheduled to meet Assembly Speaker Sharingain Longkumer on Wednesday to finalize a resolution on the Naga political issue to be passed in the state Assembly.
The committee was constituted after Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio suggested the formation of the committee with all political parties.
Rio made the suggestion after “having understood the sense of the House”. It was suggested that the committee propose a resolution to voice the collective voice of the people of Nagaland.
“Our unity will send out a positive message of hope, strengthening the efforts of all stakeholders towards unity and oneness,” Rio said.
- China-funded dam could disrupt key Argentine glaciers, biodiversity
- No money to buy petrol, says Lankan govt; urges citizens not to queue up
- GT look to continue run, RCB need big victory to remain in play-off race
- Pentagon: India may deploy Russian S-400 missile system vs Pak, China
- USTM ties up with Hong Kong varsity for academic projects
- Mizoram: MNF-Congress stake claim for Mara Council