Kohima: After a day long debate on the Naga political issue, members of the Nagaland Legislative Assembly (NLA) on Tuesday formed a drafting committee comprising of seven members from all the political parties in the Assembly.
The legislators who are part of the drafting committee include Minister of planning and coordination, Land revenue and Parliamentary Affairs Neiba Kronu, Adviser SCERT, IPR and Village guards Toshi Wungtung from the Nationalist Democratic Progressive People’s Part (NDPP), Health minister S Pangnyu Phom, PHED minister Jacob Zhimomi from BJP, Independent politician and Minister of PWD (Housing and Mechanical) Tongpang Ozukum, and Opposition MLAs Chotisuh Sazo and Imkong L Imchen from the Naga People’s Front (NPF).
The drafting committee is scheduled to meet Assembly Speaker Sharingain Longkumer on Wednesday to finalize a resolution on the Naga political issue to be passed in the state Assembly.
The committee was constituted after Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio suggested the formation of the committee with all political parties.
Rio made the suggestion after “having understood the sense of the House”. It was suggested that the committee propose a resolution to voice the collective voice of the people of Nagaland.
“Our unity will send out a positive message of hope, strengthening the efforts of all stakeholders towards unity and oneness,” Rio said.
- Manipur: Three-centuries-old idol desecrated in Imphal
- Agitating Arunachal teachers defer boycott call after govt assurance
- Assam: Ex-student leader facing trial in ULFA blast case tops class in MA exam
- Sustainable finance-related capacity-building measures to be discussed at G20 meet in Assam
- Review petition filed in SC for rectification of observation on Sikkimese Nepalis: CM Tamang
- Tripura 2023: BJP promised a lot in 2018; delivered precious little