Guwahati: One cadre of the National Socialist Council of Nagaland – Reformation (NSCN-R) was arrested by the Army and Arunachal Pradesh Police in a joint operation on Monday in the Kharsang area.
The apprehended has been identified as self-styled Sergeant Major Sengjong Khimhun (38), resident of Saching, Changlang. One 7.65 mm pistol and 6 rounds live ammunition were recovered from his hideout camp.
The apprehended cadre came to Kharsang area to collect extortion money from the business community, said the police.
- Mizoram to expedite exploration of oil, gas deposits
- Voting for Tipra Motha is like not giving vote: Himanta in Tripura
- In Meghalaya, a Garo village never got power. Another only got bills
- Rs 1.93 lakh crore military equipment imported between 2017-18 and 2021-22: Govt
- How an obscure US firm profited from sparking Adani’s stock price plunge
- Decoded: Why COVID-19 kills more men than women