A half-marathon called the ‘Garmin 21K Solemate Run’ was organised in Guwahati to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
Runners had to compete in pairs and they could be spouses, siblings, parents, friends or anyone who can run along and cross the finish line together as well.
This was the first edition of the Garmin Solemate Run. It was a 21 km run held around the scenic Panbari area near Chandrapur on the outskirts of the city.
The running course consisted of some hilly sections with decent elevation and some plain sections as well and was well-received by running enthusiasts from around Guwahati. The participants said they were happy with all the arrangements made for the event as well as the location.
Simanta Baruah and Bitumani Baruah finished in the first position while the duo of Dhiraj Pegu and Bikash Haloi were able to get the second position. The third position was achieved by the husband-wife duo of Rajendra Bisht and Sunita Bisht.
The run was powered by Garmin and was managed by Spokehub and was also supported by Energy Drinks partner Red Bull. Garmin is a multinational technology company that deals in innovative GPS technology across diverse markets, including aviation, marine, fitness, outdoor recreation, tracking and mobile apps. They had recently opened their first exclusive store in Guwahati Opposite Doordarshan Colony, Borbari, VIP Road.
- Two govt employees in Assam caught taking bribe, arrested
- Meghalaya attracted investment projects worth Rs 56 cr in FY21: study
- How cryptocurrency price collapse offers hope for slowing climate change
- BRO completes excavation of Nechiphu tunnel in Arunachal
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines renames road to India Drive
- Keep close watch on situation: Govt amid Monkeypox cases in Europe