New Delhi: The BJP on Monday named Biswajit Daimary, who had joined it after quitting his Rajya Sabha seat as a Bodoland People’s Front MP, as its candidate for the by-election to the Upper House from Assam.
Daimary has been thrice elected to the House since 2008 and had quit soon after his re-election in 2020 as strains emerged in the BJP-BPF ties, and he preferred to join the saffron party.
The election had been necessitated due to his resignation.
His win is near certain as the BJP enjoys a majority in the state assembly.
The BJP also named N Ramchander Rao and Gujjula Premender Reddy its candidates for MLC elections from two graduates’ constituencies in Telangana.
- Nagaland govt and Patanjali Foods ink pact for Oil Palm Plantations
- Assam tea firm honours 30 years of India-Georgia relations with new blend
- Govt took steps to deal with infra development challenges: Prez Murmu
- Tripura 2023: CPIM seeks disqualification of turncoat MLA
- Manipur: Narcotic items worth over Rs 2 cr seized, 2 held in Imphal West
- Assam Guv adopts 10 TB patients under Nikshay Mitra initiative