New Delhi: The BJP on Monday named Biswajit Daimary, who had joined it after quitting his Rajya Sabha seat as a Bodoland People’s Front MP, as its candidate for the by-election to the Upper House from Assam.
Daimary has been thrice elected to the House since 2008 and had quit soon after his re-election in 2020 as strains emerged in the BJP-BPF ties, and he preferred to join the saffron party.
The election had been necessitated due to his resignation.
His win is near certain as the BJP enjoys a majority in the state assembly.
The BJP also named N Ramchander Rao and Gujjula Premender Reddy its candidates for MLC elections from two graduates’ constituencies in Telangana.
- DRDO, Army successfully test ingeniously-developed anti-tank missile
- Delhi police detains former Tripura minister for allegedly molesting student
- Nagaland: PenThrill releases first Tenyidie book ‘Akezisuo mu puo puotsa’
- Why 81,000 job aspirants are staring at a bleak future in Tripura
- Nod to mRNA Covid jab for in 18 yrs & above, Covovax for 7-11 yrs
- How an asteroid near-miss shocked the UN