Guwahati: Kaliabor MP Gaurav Gogoi and Nogaon MP Pradyut Bordoloi commenced their ‘Axom Basaon Ahok’ (Come Let’s Save Assam) bus yatra on Saturday.
Gogoi, the son of former CM late Tarun Gogoi, commenced his tour by paying homage to legendary Ahom General Bir Lachit Borphukan’s memorial statue on the banks of River Brahmaputra, clad in a warrior like attire.
Kickstarting his journey, the Kaliabor MP said, “This is not a Congress Yatra, but a Yatra of Assam, a dream of Assam and hope for the people of Assam.”
He also questioned the ruling party, “If Amit Shah is truly a Home Minister of our great nation, why has he not visited the homes of CAA martyrs and explained to their mothers, the unfortunate fate that their sons have suffered at the hands of the BJP?”
Remembering his deceased father, Gogoi said, “Late Shri Tarun Gogoi’s ideology will once again come to Assam – his dream of peace and harmony in Assam, the dream of the people.”
While Bordoloi initiated journey by interacting with the Traders’ Community, in Bokakhat where he also spoke about Congress’ strategies on countering BJP for the ensuing state elections.
The MP said, “Congress will begin a ‘Mohajot’ to annihilate the Bakasura evil of Assam Politics which has manifested itself as the BJP rule.”
The leaders were accompanies by several other Congress members in their respective bus yatras.
Also Read: Assam Congress to launch bus yatra to understand issues and problems
- Active Covid cases in country rise to 7,927
- Future action on Teesta river issue after response from India: Bangladesh
- Efforts on to inaugurate Guwahati AIIMS during PM’s visit in April: Himanta
- Nagaland CM tables bill to regulate fire safety measures in state
- Karbi council collecting tax on broom grass from Ri Bhoi farmers: Meghalaya MLA
- Fabulous four: Nikhat, Lovlina, Nitu, Saweety cruise into World Championships finals