Aizawl: Officials of Excise and Narcotics department and Assam Rifles seized 207 grams of heroin at Aizawl’s Thuampui locality during a joint operation on Thursday night, an official said.
Two persons identified as Khaizathanga (31) and Munglangtuanga (19), both from Ngur village in Champhai district have been arrested for possessing the contraband worth Rs. 5.60 lakh, department spokesperson Peter Zohmingthanga said.
The two accused were booked under relevant sections of The Narcotic Drugs & Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985, he said.
They were produced before a special court on Friday, he added.
- Nagaland: Hornbill Festival 2023 ends, thousands attend
- Assam: NRL GM Diganta Changmai arrested for leaking classified info
- Does exercise really do nothing for longevity, as a Finnish twins study suggests?
- Ancient ocean water found in Himalayas could offer insights about evolution
- How 15 years of corruption led to the Sikkim disaster
- Can stamps raise awareness about Indian vultures? Study says yes