Indian Railways is making a paradigm shift in the travel experience for the passengers with the introduction of modern Tejas sleeper-type train for long distance journeys. The introduction of these trains is expected to give a new age of train travel experience with enhanced comfort.
The Railways ministry has decided to replace the Anand Vihar Terminal Special Rajdhani Express with the Tejas sleeper coaches with upgraded facilities and a promise to better connect the Northeast with the National Capital.
This will be the first train on Tejas rake to be run on NFR. The coaches of this new sleeper-type train will have smart features to offer best in class travel experience. The service is likely to start from February 15 from Agartala.
Some major stoppages of the train will be at New Karimganj, Badarpur Jn, Hojai, Guwahati, New Jalpaiguri, Katihar, Barauni Jn, Patliputra, Ambassa, Dharmanagar, Rangiya Jn, Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Jn and Kanpur Central before reaching Anand Vihar Terminus. The train will have three AC 2-tier, eleven AC 3-tier, one AC 1st class, one AC Hot Buffet Car coaches apart from two generator-cum-luggage vans for booking of parcels etc.
Some of the features of Tejas sleeper-type coaches will be:
· Stainless steel under-frame
· Bio-vacuum toilet system
· Automatic plug door
· Air suspension bogies
· Fire alarm, detection and suppression system
· Smart features like CCTV, water-level sensor to indicate water availability, train supervisor and power car monitoring system, HVAC, etc.
· Improved toilet unit
· Mobile charging points
· Textured exterior and interior PVC film and many more
- No money to buy petrol, says Lankan govt; urges citizens not to queue up
- GT look to continue run, RCB need big victory to remain in play-off race
- Pentagon: India may deploy Russian S-400 missile system vs Pak, China
- USTM ties up with Hong Kong varsity for academic projects
- Mizoram: MNF-Congress stake claim for Mara Council
- Arunachal: Six militants from NSCN-IM, ENNG surrender in Tirap