Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh police have put in place thick security cover around Bollywood actor Kangana Ranaut in the wake of a threat by some state Congress leaders that they would not allow her shoot for a film if she did not apologise to farmers over her tweets, an official said on Friday.
Shooting for “Dhaakad”, Ranaut’s new film, is going on in Sarni area of Betul district.
Also Read: Will Forbes sue Kangana Ranaut?
Talking to PTI over phone, Sarni City Superintendent of Police (CSP) Abhay Ram Choudhary said, “Security has been tightened for the actress after MP Home Minister Narottam Mishra directed Betul Superintendent of Police Simala Prasad to do so.”
Police personnel equipped with batons and firearms are deployed around the coal handling plant (CHL) near a power project, where the shooting is on, he added.
“Police will man gate numbers two and four of the CHL, from where actors usually enter the shooting venue,” Choudhary said.
- Power struggles in nature can be more subtle than just dog-eat-dog
- Aquaculture industry sceptical about budget sops impact
- SC issues notice to Centre on PILs on BBC documentary on Gujarat riots
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for February 3
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for February 3
- Sports prioritised after Ladakh became UT: Volleyball captain Mubarak Ali