Kohima: The Kohima Police highway patrolling party recovered 165 cases of assorted Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL) from a goods laden truck.
The Kohima Police on Friday said the alcohol was concealed in a goods laden truck bearing registration number NL-01N-1545 and was recovered by the police on Thursday from Peducha area.
Two persons have been arrested in the case by Kohima police and a case has been registered at Sechü (Zubza) Police station for further investigation.
One of the arrested persons has been identified as 40-year-old Mozen Basumatary, driver of the truck and owner of the illegal IMFL who is a resident of Naojan Sonali Pathar under Golaghat district of Assam, presently residing at DBS Colony, Kohima.
The second person has been identified as 36-year-old Thejavizo, a resident of High School Colony in Kohima.
- Nagaland killings: RRAG calls for immediate arrest of accused personnel
- Tribal body revises death toll in Nagaland firing to 14
- Hornbill Festival stopped for a day as Nagaland mourns civilian killings
- Mahaparinirvan Diwas 2021: President, PM pay tribute to Dr BR Ambedkar
- MNF MLA among 92 new COVID-19 patients in Mizoram, 2 more deaths
- Sikkim to Singapore to Simmons: Naresh Agarwal co-authors book on 25 inspiring journeys