Kohima: The Kohima Police highway patrolling party recovered 165 cases of assorted Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL) from a goods laden truck.
The Kohima Police on Friday said the alcohol was concealed in a goods laden truck bearing registration number NL-01N-1545 and was recovered by the police on Thursday from Peducha area.
Two persons have been arrested in the case by Kohima police and a case has been registered at Sechü (Zubza) Police station for further investigation.
One of the arrested persons has been identified as 40-year-old Mozen Basumatary, driver of the truck and owner of the illegal IMFL who is a resident of Naojan Sonali Pathar under Golaghat district of Assam, presently residing at DBS Colony, Kohima.
The second person has been identified as 36-year-old Thejavizo, a resident of High School Colony in Kohima.
- Manipur CM calls on people to use social media responsibly
- Meghalaya elections 2023: UDP announces first list of candidates
- Nagaland: Stone pulling ceremony marks 142 years of Anglo-Naga peace treaty
- Saket Gokhale’s detention is a panic stricken BJP’s reaction: Abhishek
- Arunachal forest officer rescued hours after abduction, 4 arrested
- Meghalaya slowest growing state of India in FY 2021: RBI data