Himanta Biswa Sarma, Assam Education minister, presented the budget on the second day of the three-day State Assembly session on February 12.
Referring to the distribution of scooters to the students, Sarma said that 23,245 students have received scooters so far and another 15,000 students will receive them in near future.
He informed that the second phase of distribution of these scooters to the students of the 2018-19 and 2019-20 batch will start from February 17.
While presenting the vote on account for April-July 2021 in the State Assembly on Friday, Sharma announced that in the last one year, the state has provided free admission to 17,84,790 students.
“1,08,00,914 students have been able to get free education. 33,000 new teachers have been recruited and 29,000 posts have been provincialized,” he said.
- Ancient ocean water found in Himalayas could offer insights about evolution
- How 15 years of corruption led to the Sikkim disaster
- Can stamps raise awareness about Indian vultures? Study says yes
- 180 ‘One Station One Product’ outlets showcase indigenous products
- Unprecedented drought in the Amazon threatens to release huge stores of carbon
- Arunachal: Collective efforts needed for sustainable power, says Dy CM