Himanta Biswa Sarma, Assam Education minister, presented the budget on the second day of the three-day State Assembly session on February 12.
Referring to the distribution of scooters to the students, Sarma said that 23,245 students have received scooters so far and another 15,000 students will receive them in near future.
He informed that the second phase of distribution of these scooters to the students of the 2018-19 and 2019-20 batch will start from February 17.
While presenting the vote on account for April-July 2021 in the State Assembly on Friday, Sharma announced that in the last one year, the state has provided free admission to 17,84,790 students.
“1,08,00,914 students have been able to get free education. 33,000 new teachers have been recruited and 29,000 posts have been provincialized,” he said.
- Assam: G20 delegates mesmerised by diverse culture and hospitality
- India, France, UAE unveil plan for cooperation under trilateral framework
- Sri Lanka must correct its ‘errors and failures’: President at 75th I-Day
- Nagaland govt restrict drugs sale to fight drug menace, pharma trafficking
- Assam: Chargesheet against doctors, magistrate in minor’s murder case
- Nagaland: Rs. 28.96 cr in cash, IMFL, drugs seized ahead of Assembly polls