The Russian news agency said, Chinese and Indian forces clashed in the region in May and June 2020, resulting in at least 20 Indian and 45 Chinese servicemen dead Credit: Twitter

Following reports of India and China withdrawing troops from the shared border near the Pangong Tso lake, Russian news agency TASS has claimed that 45 Chinese servicemen had died in the Galwan Valley clash last year.

The Russian news agency said, “Chinese and Indian forces clashed in the region in May and June 2020, resulting in at least 20 Indian and 45 Chinese servicemen dead.”

China’s People’s Liberation Army (PLA) has till date not revealed its exact figure of casualties from the violent clashoff.

On Wednesday, spokesperson for the Chinese Ministry of National Defence, Senior Colonel Wu Qian, issued a written statement, saying that Chinese and Indian frontline troops at the southern and northern bank of the Pangong Tso Lake start synchronised and organised disengagement from 10 February.



Latest Stories

Leave a comment

Leave a comment Cancel reply