The Government of Assam has decided to discontinue the mandatory COVID testing at railway stations, airports and land routes from March 1, 2021.
Taking to Twitter, Assam Cabinet Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Wednesday tweeted:
The Minister of Health & Family Welfare Department urged people to maintain COVID appropriate behaviour despite the tests being discontinued.
Out of the 2,15,510 cases in Assam, currently, 3,525 are active COVID-19 cases while 2,10,962 have recovered from the virus.
- Assam Police rescue smuggled exotic animals in Cachar district, arrest four suspects
- Assam: NIT Silchar gets new dean following student agitation
- Manipur: ZUF cadre killed in encounter with suspected NSCN-IM
- Did space give Earth the spark of life? OSIRIS-REx might tell us
- Tripura police to ‘hunt’ for drug kingpins: CM Dr Manik Saha
- Churachandpur-Aizawl helicopter service to start on Sept 27