The Government of Assam has decided to discontinue the mandatory COVID testing at railway stations, airports and land routes from March 1, 2021.
Taking to Twitter, Assam Cabinet Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Wednesday tweeted:
The Minister of Health & Family Welfare Department urged people to maintain COVID appropriate behaviour despite the tests being discontinued.
Out of the 2,15,510 cases in Assam, currently, 3,525 are active COVID-19 cases while 2,10,962 have recovered from the virus.
- Cong ‘deeply pained, disappointed’ over release of Rajiv Gandhi assassin
- China-funded dam could disrupt key Argentine glaciers, biodiversity
- No money to buy petrol, says Lankan govt; urges citizens not to queue up
- GT look to continue run, RCB need big victory to remain in play-off race
- Pentagon: India may deploy Russian S-400 missile system vs Pak, China
- USTM ties up with Hong Kong varsity for academic projects