Agartala: The Tripura police rescued one minor girl from Dimapur, Nagaland, 13 days after she allegedly eloped with her lover, said police here on Tuesday.
A case of kidnapping was registered with the Bodhjungnagar police station by the father of the 15-year-old girl on January 26.
“We received a complaint from the father of the minor against Sukhen Miah (23) two days after her elopement with the man,” officer-in-charge of Bodhjungnagar police station, Tapash Malakar said.
He also said that the Tripura police was contacted by the Nagaland officials and informed that the minor was rescued and shifted to the shelter home.
“The minor was brought back in Agartala on Sunday last, while the youth is in Nagaland police custody. He would be brought here soon,” Malakar said.
The incident was reported in Baldakhal area in West district and during the preliminary investigation it was found that the girl had an affair with the youth, the official added.
- Nagaland police restock vehicular force, scrap vehicles over 15 years old
- Ramadan 2023: Five unique & interesting dishes you must try on Iftar
- Beyond G20: Why India-Bangladesh pipeline merits a special discourse
- PM Modi launches series of initiatives to eliminate tuberculosis
- PM to attend spectacular Bihu function in Assam on April 14
- Earth Hour India to host ‘Pedal for Planet’ in Guwahati on March 25