Agartala: The Tripura police rescued one minor girl from Dimapur, Nagaland, 13 days after she allegedly eloped with her lover, said police here on Tuesday.
A case of kidnapping was registered with the Bodhjungnagar police station by the father of the 15-year-old girl on January 26.
“We received a complaint from the father of the minor against Sukhen Miah (23) two days after her elopement with the man,” officer-in-charge of Bodhjungnagar police station, Tapash Malakar said.
He also said that the Tripura police was contacted by the Nagaland officials and informed that the minor was rescued and shifted to the shelter home.
“The minor was brought back in Agartala on Sunday last, while the youth is in Nagaland police custody. He would be brought here soon,” Malakar said.
The incident was reported in Baldakhal area in West district and during the preliminary investigation it was found that the girl had an affair with the youth, the official added.
- Tripura State Rifles’ soldier kills self
- Manipur: Kuki students slam tribal body’s call to lift NH-2 blockade
- Assam: Environmentalists envisage ‘zero waste village’ near Chandubi lake
- IIT Guwahati retains 7th spot in ‘Engineering’ category of NIRF rankings 2023
- Nitin Gadkari lays foundation stone for two NH projects in Assam
- CPM leader slams BJP govt on law and order in Tripura