Union Home Ministry told the Parliament that there is no timeframe for the Naga pact.
Replying to a question in Lok Sabha by Nagaland MP Tokheho Yepthomi, Union Minister of State (Home Affairs) G Kishen Reddy said, “Negotiations with Naga groups are at an advanced stage. However, no time frame for agreement can be indicated at this stage.”
Yepthomi had asked if the agreement is likely to be signed this year.
- Demand for separate states vs failure of governance in Northeast
- Nagaland 2023: Kohima BJP continues protest over ticket
- Assam: Mixed response to bandh against inclusion of Bodo villages in BTR
- ‘Deadly for democracy’: Ex-SC judge slams Rijiju for ‘diatribe’ against collegium
- Here’s why Gauhati HC junked PIL on police encounters in Assam
- Nepal’s Deputy PM resigns after SC nullifies his citizenship