Aizawl: Mizoram budget session will be held for 23 days, commencing from February 23, an official said on Monday.
The meeting of the Business Advisory Committee (BAC) chaired by assembly speaker Lalrinliana Sailo on Monday chalked out detailed programme for the upcoming budget session as per which the session will last till March 17, assembly secretary H. Lalrinawma said.
There will be 15 actual sittings between February 23 and March 17, he said.
According to Lalrinawma, state governor P.S Sreedharan will deliver his gubernatorial speech on the first day, while chief minister Zoramthanga, who holds the finance portfolio will present the annual budget for fiscal 2021-2022 on March 1.
- Indian farmers turning to millets to fight water stress, climate change
- Book those involved in tying woman to pole: Meghalaya women’s panel
- Tripura cabinet: Mevar Kumar Jamatia dropped, Rampada gets cabinet berth
- CM Pema Khandu flags in Trans-Arunachal Drive in Tawang
- PM Modi offers prayers at Maya Devi temple in Nepal’s Lumbini
- Tripura: Eleven MLAs to take oath as ministers