Aizawl: Mizoram will blacklist contractors who fail to do work as per specification, an official said on Monday.
Leaders of the central committee of Young Mizo Association or CYMA on Monday called on chief minister Zoramthanga in view of the ongoing construction of roads across the state, he said.
The meeting observed that many roads being built under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) are not up to the mark because works were sublet to sub-contractors.
The meeting agreed that those contractors, who remained irresponsible and fail to carry out standard work as per specification would be “blacklisted” not to do any more works in Mizoram.
The CYMA has recently inked memorandum of understanding with the state government to work together.
The association is currently carrying out inspection on roads which are being constructed.
Recently, the association inspected 15 roads being built under PMGSY and found that most of the roads were not satisfactory.
During their interaction with Zoramthanga on Monday, leaders of CYMA informed the latter about their findings.
Zoramthanga on his part thanked the CYMA leaders for their initiative and urged them to assist the government in monitoring works in order to have better roads across the state.
He also called upon civil society organisations to back the state government in bringing infrastructural development in the state.
- Nagaland celebrates quinquennial ‘Chozuba citizens’ day’
- Sikkim: Seven shops gutted in fire in Pakyong Bazar
- Demand for separate states vs failure of governance in Northeast
- Nagaland 2023: Kohima BJP continues protest over ticket
- Assam: Mixed response to bandh against inclusion of Bodo villages in BTR
- ‘Deadly for democracy’: Ex-SC judge slams Rijiju for ‘diatribe’ against collegium