Guwahati: In a unique initiative to understand the problems faced in the state, Assam Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC) launched ‘Assam Bachao’ social media video contest on Tuesday.
The best videos every day will win prizes ranging from iPhone 12, OnePlus phones and cash awards.
The 10-day campaign till February 19 in the poll-bound state is aimed at understanding the issues directly from the people.
Launching the campaign, Assam MP Gaurav Gogoi, head of APCC’s manifesto committee said, “The first step to solve a problem is to acknowledge and understand a problem. This campaign is for that first step. The feedback from this campaign will tell us what are the most urgent issues to be taken up in our manifesto. The Congress party’s manifesto shall offer solutions to these very problems.”
Hailing the initiative, state Congress President Ripun Bora said, “Congress is gearing up for an innovative campaign that will bring out the people’s resentment against the BJP’s misrule. The BJP’s attempts to muzzle the people’s voices with intimidation and fear psychosis won’t last fill polling day. The people will show through the #AssamBachao campaign how desperate Assam is for change.”
How to participate:
1) Make a two-minute video on any issues or problems faced in Assam
2) Post the video along with the hashtag #AssamBachao on any major social media platform (Keep the post public)
3) Submit the link with required details on www.AssamBachao.in
- Australia wasn’t supportive of India’s independence. But 75 years on, relations have thawed
- World leaders laud India’s achievements on 75 years of independence
- Want to build a nation where no one goes hungry: Mamata’s ‘dream for India’
- PM Modi sets sights on developed India by 2047
- Indians across globe celebrate 75th anniversary of India’s Independence
- Nagaland: 56 under-trial prisoners released on Independence Day