Among the reported 150 people who have gone missing after the Uttarakhand glacier burst incident on Sunday, two are from Assam’s Nagaon district.
According to reports, the youths have been identified as Amarjyoti Das and Kamal Das, both from North Changsoki village under the Kampur police station in Nagaon district.
Both of them worked in a private company in Uttarakhand’s Chamoli district. The family members of the missing men have urged the authorities to take appropriate measures to locate them.
The family has broken down as they have not received any further updates after being contacted by the supervisor at the site of the incident over the phone informing that the two brothers have gone missing in the glacier-burst incident.
Nearly 150 people have been reported missing as a sudden flood submerged a power project at Reni village in Joshimath area of Uttarakhand’s Chamoli district on Sunday following a glacier burst.
- Nagaland’s Keneilelie Sorünuo wins Silver in National Bodybuilding C’ship
- Digitised records from wildlife centres show how humans harm wild animals
- Mizoram: ZPM promises zero tolerance against corruption
- Assam’s Rabha Hasong council bolsters tourism with new projects
- Mizoram: Swearing-in ceremony for new government on December 8
- Research shows Jamun genes a rich source of medicinal properties