Jammu/New Delhi: A Pakistani intruder was shot dead by the Border Security Force (BSF) along the India-Pakistan international border in Jammu on Monday, officials said.
The incident took place near the Chak Faquira border post (border pillar no 64) in the Samba sector around 9:45 am, they said.
“Despite repeated warnings, the intruder kept moving towards the border fence and was fired upon by BSF troops. Body of one Pakistani intruder has been recovered,” a BSF spokesperson said.
The spot where the body was found is around 40 metres from the International Border on the Indian side, the officials said.
Another Pakistani intruder was similarly killed here in November 2020, while an underground tunnel was also detected in this region very recently, an officer said.
Also Read: Tripura: Three NLFT militants arrested
- Demand for separate states vs failure of governance in Northeast
- Nagaland 2023: Kohima BJP continues protest over ticket
- Assam: Mixed response to bandh against inclusion of Bodo villages in BTR
- ‘Deadly for democracy’: Ex-SC judge slams Rijiju for ‘diatribe’ against collegium
- Here’s why Gauhati HC junked PIL on police encounters in Assam
- Nepal’s Deputy PM resigns after SC nullifies his citizenship