With Farmer protests in India getting worldwide attention, a 40-second ad video in support of the protests which was aired in Fresno during a Super Bowl on Sunday is the new talk of the town.
The video begins with a quote by Martin Luther King Jr which stated, “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” The video then goes on to show news clips and visuals of the agitation which has been going on since November 2020.
The ad closes with a message for the mayor of the city of Fresno, Jerry Dyer who stated, “We want you to know, our brothers and sisters in India, that we stand with you.”
Check the video out:
The video has been shared by many Twitter users as well.
The protests in India has sparked international interest with tweets from climate activist Greta Thunberg, lawyer and niece of US Vice President Kamala Harris, Meena Harris, pop star Rihanna going viral on February 2.
Additionally, the super bowl is one of the most-watched sporting events in the US. In 2015, it even made history with 114.4 million viewers tuning in as per the National Football League.
Many political stalwarts have, however, expressed their concerns of an ongoing poly to defame India at an international level with tweets and posts by global celebrities and figures.
- Over 400 submitted fake certificates for police recruitment: Assam DGP
- 2 killed after landslide flattens house in Arunachal
- Manipur: Senapati CSOs seek govt intervention after repeated accidents
- Active COVID-19 cases dip to 17,317
- Union minister calls on Sikkim CM
- Indian farmers turning to millets to fight water stress, climate change