With Farmer protests in India getting worldwide attention, a 40-second ad video in support of the protests which was aired in Fresno during a Super Bowl on Sunday is the new talk of the town.
The video begins with a quote by Martin Luther King Jr which stated, “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” The video then goes on to show news clips and visuals of the agitation which has been going on since November 2020.
The ad closes with a message for the mayor of the city of Fresno, Jerry Dyer who stated, “We want you to know, our brothers and sisters in India, that we stand with you.”
Check the video out:
The video has been shared by many Twitter users as well.
The protests in India has sparked international interest with tweets from climate activist Greta Thunberg, lawyer and niece of US Vice President Kamala Harris, Meena Harris, pop star Rihanna going viral on February 2.
Additionally, the super bowl is one of the most-watched sporting events in the US. In 2015, it even made history with 114.4 million viewers tuning in as per the National Football League.
Many political stalwarts have, however, expressed their concerns of an ongoing poly to defame India at an international level with tweets and posts by global celebrities and figures.
- Assam: G20 delegates mesmerised by diverse culture and hospitality
- India, France, UAE unveil plan for cooperation under trilateral framework
- Sri Lanka must correct its ‘errors and failures’: President at 75th I-Day
- Nagaland govt restrict drugs sale to fight drug menace, pharma trafficking
- Assam: Chargesheet against doctors, magistrate in minor’s murder case
- Nagaland: Rs. 28.96 cr in cash, IMFL, drugs seized ahead of Assembly polls