A 48-year-old man was lynched in Assam’s Karbi Anglong on Monday over a suspected illicit affair, police said.
Six suspects have been arrested.
According to a senior police officer, Nensing was allegedly killed by a group of 8-10 people after he was caught ‘red-handed’ with a local woman in the backyard of her house. The police official said it was the woman’s son who led the assault with other villagers at around 1 am.
Police said the victim and the woman were in a relationship which was being opposed by the latter’s family. Around two months before the incident, there was even a meeting in the village where Nensing was “warned”.
- Why people with lung disorder face risk of severe COVID-19 found
- Cong ‘deeply pained, disappointed’ over release of Rajiv Gandhi assassin
- China-funded dam could disrupt key Argentine glaciers, biodiversity
- No money to buy petrol, says Lankan govt; urges citizens not to queue up
- GT look to continue run, RCB need big victory to remain in play-off race
- Pentagon: India may deploy Russian S-400 missile system vs Pak, China