A 48-year-old man was lynched in Assam’s Karbi Anglong on Monday over a suspected illicit affair, police said.
Six suspects have been arrested.
According to a senior police officer, Nensing was allegedly killed by a group of 8-10 people after he was caught ‘red-handed’ with a local woman in the backyard of her house. The police official said it was the woman’s son who led the assault with other villagers at around 1 am.
Police said the victim and the woman were in a relationship which was being opposed by the latter’s family. Around two months before the incident, there was even a meeting in the village where Nensing was “warned”.
- Tripura 2023: Cong’s seat sharing with CPI(M) is a sin, says Smriti Irani
- Assam struggles to meet national education standards, report finds
- Tripura polls: Left releases manifesto, promises 2.5 lakh new jobs
- Manipur: Three-centuries-old idol desecrated in Imphal
- Agitating Arunachal teachers defer boycott call after govt assurance
- Assam: Ex-student leader facing trial in ULFA blast case tops class in MA exam