A 48-year-old man was lynched in Assam’s Karbi Anglong on Monday over a suspected illicit affair, police said.
Six suspects have been arrested.
According to a senior police officer, Nensing was allegedly killed by a group of 8-10 people after he was caught ‘red-handed’ with a local woman in the backyard of her house. The police official said it was the woman’s son who led the assault with other villagers at around 1 am.
Police said the victim and the woman were in a relationship which was being opposed by the latter’s family. Around two months before the incident, there was even a meeting in the village where Nensing was “warned”.
- Assam: Train equipped with state-of-art features flagged off
- No hope of Left’s revival in Tripura, says leader of Oppn Animesh Debbarma
- How a neurosurgeon is training the next gen of Wushu athletes of Manipur
- Meghalaya: Harijan Colony issue could be solved this year, says deputy CM
- Tripura: National Highway blocked, railway affected during TIPRA bandh
- Puuluup: Two men in midlife crisis who decided to start living rock & roll lifestyle