Nawada, Feb 7 (PTI) Two women were killed and 11 others injured on Sunday morning when the bus they were travelling in overturned and fell into a roadside ditch in Bihar’s Nawada district, a police officer said.
The bus was on its way to Nalanda district from Jamshedpur in neighbouring Jharkhand, when the incident occurred around 5 am at Karakhunt valley in Rajauli police station area here.
The driver lost control over the vehicle, which then overturned, skidded off the road and fell into a roadside ditch, Station House Officer (SHO) Darbari Choudhary said.
The deceased have been identified as Kusum Devi and Rukhsana Khatoon – both in their mid-30s and residents of Nalanda district — the SHO said.
All 11 injured were rushed to a nearby hospital in Rajauli, where doctors, after providing first-aid, referred them to Nawada Sadar hospital, he said
Local MLA Prakash Veer visited the patients in the Rajauli hospital and enquired about their condition, the SHO added.
- Nagaland 2023: Kohima BJP continues protest over ticket
- Assam: Mixed response to bandh against inclusion of Bodo villages in BTR
- ‘Deadly for democracy’: Ex-SC judge slams Rijiju for ‘diatribe’ against collegium
- Here’s why Gauhati HC junked PIL on police encounters in Assam
- Nepal’s Deputy PM resigns after SC nullifies his citizenship
- Security situation in NE has improved a lot: Lt Gen Kalita