Nawada, Feb 7 (PTI) Two women were killed and 11 others injured on Sunday morning when the bus they were travelling in overturned and fell into a roadside ditch in Bihar’s Nawada district, a police officer said.
The bus was on its way to Nalanda district from Jamshedpur in neighbouring Jharkhand, when the incident occurred around 5 am at Karakhunt valley in Rajauli police station area here.
The driver lost control over the vehicle, which then overturned, skidded off the road and fell into a roadside ditch, Station House Officer (SHO) Darbari Choudhary said.
The deceased have been identified as Kusum Devi and Rukhsana Khatoon – both in their mid-30s and residents of Nalanda district — the SHO said.
All 11 injured were rushed to a nearby hospital in Rajauli, where doctors, after providing first-aid, referred them to Nawada Sadar hospital, he said
Local MLA Prakash Veer visited the patients in the Rajauli hospital and enquired about their condition, the SHO added.
- Sikkim govt informs extent of damage caused by glacial lake outburst flood
- From glacier melting to rise in glacial lakes, eastern Himalaya most hit by climate change
- Glacial lake keeps disaster managers on toes in Sikkim
- Assam: MoU signed for eligible military veterans to receive graduation degrees
- Flash flood in Sikkim: 23 Army personnel missing
- South Lhonak lake bursts, Sikkim on high alert