Guwahati: When the Ebenezer Orphanage home in Dimapur posted an advertisement to sell their ‘Tata Sky HD- dish TV’ to make ends meet, little did they know that they would get help almost instantly from a Naga celebrity.
It took Alobo Naga no time to swopp right in and prove that ‘humanity still exists.’
The musician offered an exclusive music concert to raise funds for the orphanage home so that they need not sell the dish TV. The orphanage home wanted to sell the dish TV for a meagre sum of Rs 1,500. They shared the image with the description, “Selling off to pay school fees,” in a social media group.
When Alobo stumbled across this particular advertisement he felt the urge to do something which would help the Orphanage to pay-off their school fees. He decided to host a concert at the Orphanage to raise funds and even invited people to join in and spend some time with the children.
In a Twitter post, the artist wrote,
“HOW ABOUT SPENDING THIS VALENTINE’S DAY WITH ME AT AN ORPHANAGE IN DIMAPUR?
I CAN DO AN EXCLUSIVE CONCERT FOR YOU AND YOU ALSO GET TO SPEND TIME WITH THE CHILDREN?
JUST A FREE WILL OFFERING TO RAISE FUNDS INORDER TO PAY THEIR SCHOOL FEES?
LET’S DO IT #ALOKEMIS”
Alobo was already planning to organise an event on Valentine’s Day and aftre coming this post, he felt he needed to do something for the orphanage.
He is collaborating with a few more friends for an exclusive concert at the orphanage and then do a free-will donation. The singer also said that anyone can join and spend time with the children on Valentine’s Day at the orphanage.
- Voting for Tipra Motha is like not giving vote: Himanta in Tripura
- In Meghalaya, a Garo village never got power. Another only got bills
- Rs 1.93 lakh crore military equipment imported between 2017-18 and 2021-22: Govt
- How an obscure US firm profited from sparking Adani’s stock price plunge
- Decoded: Why COVID-19 kills more men than women
- Ultra-processed foods may contribute to cognitive decline