Imphal: A joint team of Manipur Police and Assam Rifles have seized brown sugar worth Rs 2 crore and arrested three persons from Bishnupur district, police said on Sunday.
The contraband was seized during checking at Tangjeng near Ibudhou temple in Bishnupur district. The security personnel found a 34-year-old man identified as Thangkohsat Guite hiding the brown sugar in soap cases in a large backpack on Saturday night, they said.
The security forces also arrested two other persons 41-year-old Thangsei Guite and 46-year-old Warepam Ramesh Singh who were with Guite.
The arrested persons and the seized items were handed over to Kumbi police station and a case has been registered, the police added.
- India reports 13,451 new COVID-19 cases, 585 deaths
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 27
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 27
- Assam reports 347 fresh COVID-19 cases, 3 deaths
- China locks down Lanzhou as Covid cases surge due to delta variant
- Elderly couple’s murder in Guwahati home: caretaker held