Imphal: A joint team of Manipur Police and Assam Rifles have seized brown sugar worth Rs 2 crore and arrested three persons from Bishnupur district, police said on Sunday.
The contraband was seized during checking at Tangjeng near Ibudhou temple in Bishnupur district. The security personnel found a 34-year-old man identified as Thangkohsat Guite hiding the brown sugar in soap cases in a large backpack on Saturday night, they said.
The security forces also arrested two other persons 41-year-old Thangsei Guite and 46-year-old Warepam Ramesh Singh who were with Guite.
The arrested persons and the seized items were handed over to Kumbi police station and a case has been registered, the police added.
- Arunachal: BJP women celebrate passing of reservation Bill
- Manipur: Temporary prison set up in Churachandpur
- Manipur to continue biometric collection of illegal immigrants
- Betting on The NFL In India – A Guide
- Shoppers Stop ropes in Ushasi Ray for their Durga Pujo campaign
- New school initiative for displaced children launched in Churachandpur