Imphal: A joint team of Manipur Police and Assam Rifles have seized brown sugar worth Rs 2 crore and arrested three persons from Bishnupur district, police said on Sunday.
The contraband was seized during checking at Tangjeng near Ibudhou temple in Bishnupur district. The security personnel found a 34-year-old man identified as Thangkohsat Guite hiding the brown sugar in soap cases in a large backpack on Saturday night, they said.
The security forces also arrested two other persons 41-year-old Thangsei Guite and 46-year-old Warepam Ramesh Singh who were with Guite.
The arrested persons and the seized items were handed over to Kumbi police station and a case has been registered, the police added.
- Assam: Armed Forces Flag Day observed in Guwahati
- Nagaland: Indian Navy on mission at Hornbill 2022; Naval Chief graces day-7
- Nagaland Lottery December 7: Check Dear Mercury Wednesday lottery result
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for December 7
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for December 7
- Arunachal CM asks people to set up homestays at Basar