Aizawl: In yet another success in its crusade against smuggling activities, the Assam Rifles recovered unaccounted Indian currency, Chinese-origin Kenbo bike and three mobile phones and apprehended two persons at Diltlang village in Champhai district on the Mizoram- Myanmar border, Assam Rifles sources said.
The operation was carried out by a team of Assam Rifles and Mizoram Police based on specific information on Friday, it said.
Rs 16.07 lakh was also recovered from the spot.
The accused, along with the seized money, bike and mobile phones were handed over to police, it said.
In another seizure, a joint team of Assam Rifles and Custom Preventive Force seized 390 bags of areca nuts at Sesih village in Champhai district on Friday.
The contraband worth Rs. 85.17 lakh was smuggled from Myanmar.
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19