Aizawl: In yet another success in its crusade against smuggling activities, the Assam Rifles recovered unaccounted Indian currency, Chinese-origin Kenbo bike and three mobile phones and apprehended two persons at Diltlang village in Champhai district on the Mizoram- Myanmar border, Assam Rifles sources said.
The operation was carried out by a team of Assam Rifles and Mizoram Police based on specific information on Friday, it said.
Also Read: Mizoram: Assam Rifles recovers unaccounted Indian currency, one held
Rs 16.07 lakh was also recovered from the spot.
The accused, along with the seized money, bike and mobile phones were handed over to police, it said.
In another seizure, a joint team of Assam Rifles and Custom Preventive Force seized 390 bags of areca nuts at Sesih village in Champhai district on Friday.
The contraband worth Rs. 85.17 lakh was smuggled from Myanmar.
- Nagaland Dy CM tells DGP to take action against police found under influence of intoxicants
- World Bank to support Assam to reduce climate-related disasters
- Eric Garcetti sworn in as US Ambassador to India
- Meghalaya paid Rs 250 crore to project consultants in five years: CM
- G20 conference on ‘circular bio-economy’ held in Assam’s Dibrugarh
- Chernobyl, history’s worst nuclear disaster, now tells history of our planet