Guwahati: A 27-year-old man has been arrested at Jamshedpur in Jharkhand for allegedly impersonating an official of the Assam government and demanding money from people who have applied for various posts in the northeastern state, a police officer said on Friday.
An FIR was lodged with the Crime Branch here stating that one person, posing an as official of the Assam health department, was making phone calls to job aspirants and demanding money.
During investigation, the accused has been identified as Kamesh Pal, a resident of Chaukhari village in Garhwa district of Jharkhand.
A team of Guwahati police crime branch officers visited Jamshedpur and the arrested the accused.
- Meghalaya attracted investment projects worth Rs 56 cr in FY21: study
- How cryptocurrency price collapse offers hope for slowing climate change
- BRO completes excavation of Nechiphu tunnel in Arunachal
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines renames road to India Drive
- Keep close watch on situation: Govt amid Monkeypox cases in Europe
- APSC exam ‘anomalies’: Panel to probe charges, submit report in 6 months