Guwahati: Ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to the state, Assam Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC) on Saturday staged a state-wide protest against rising prices of petrol and diesel.
The protests were undertaken by various blocks under the District Congress Committees in front of petrol pumps.
A release from APCC said, “When UPA was in power, despite the fact that the price of international crude was high, Dr Manmohan Singh Congress led Government ensured that it did not affect the common man and kept petrol diesel prices low and affordable. But during the BJP Govt led by PM Modi despite the fact that international crude oil price being low the benefit has not reached the common man.”
Further, APCC added that the rising petrol and diesel prices have led to increased price of essential commodities and in today’s situation of increased joblessness due to the earlier Demonetisation and COVID-19 driven lockdown people are devastated.
“The BJP Govt has proved itself to be anti-poor and anti-people with no effort to control increasing petrol-diesel price and that of essential commodities. Tomorrow when the PM will arrive in Assam he has to answer all these questions that affect each and every common man,” it said APCC.
- Nagaland: Kyrgyzstan wrestlers train Naga athletes in Kohima
- Arunachal CM pledges Rs 5 cr for Olympic gold medalists
- Nagaland: Northern Angami women leaders’ conference held
- Ukhrul bank heist: Robbers flee towards Myanmar border
- Nagaland CM launches ‘His Majesty’s headhunters’ book
- Manipur: How dumping sites turned into street libraries in Tamenglong