Imphal: Manipur minister for agriculture Oinam Lukhoi Singh on Friday flagged off a consignment of 2.1 metric tonnes of Chak-hao or aromatic black rice amounting to Rs 2.25 lakh from organic outlet Sanjenthong in Imphal.
The black rice will be airlifted to M/S Farm Flavours in Gujarat, a national buyer by Rima Food Industries in Imphal.
Speaking to the media persons, minister Lukhoi expressed that Chak-hao is one of the most popular rice varieties in the country. All concerned stakeholders namely Department of Agriculture, Manipur, Manipur Organic Mission Agency (MOMA), Mission Organic Value Chain Development for North Eastern Region (MOVCDNER) and others are constantly working for the promotion of this indigenous rice and also to increase its production to meet the high demands.
He further informed that MOMA along with the Department of Agriculture is facilitating Rima Food Industries on the marketing of Chak-hao to different parts of the country and also abroad. This firm has been provided with financial assistance of establishment of a Processing Unit of Chak-Hao under MOVCDNER, Lukhoi asserted.
Rima Food Industries has also marketed value-added products of Chak-hao namely Chak-hao POWDER, Chak-hao TEA and Chak-hao KHEER of various packing sizes to buyers of inside and outside Manipur, he added.
- Mizoram to expedite exploration of oil, gas deposits
- Voting for Tipra Motha is like not giving vote: Himanta in Tripura
- In Meghalaya, a Garo village never got power. Another only got bills
- Rs 1.93 lakh crore military equipment imported between 2017-18 and 2021-22: Govt
- How an obscure US firm profited from sparking Adani’s stock price plunge
- Decoded: Why COVID-19 kills more men than women