Imphal: In a ghastly incident, a 51-year-old man was arrested by the police for allegedly raping a four-year-old minor girl in Thoubal district recently, the report said.
As per reports, the accused identified as Md Fayajuddin, a resident of Sangaiyumpham Part II Langkhog Pat, was arrested on February 1 and remanded to police custody for five days after producing before the court.
Based on the rape report, an FIR has been lodged against the culprit at Women Police Station Thoubal under Section 4 of POCSO Act, 2012 and further investigation is on, the report said.
Meanwhile, as per the report, a joint action committee (JAC) against the incident has been constituted, which launched various modes of agitation demanding for a death penalty to the accused under POCSO Act, 2012 and justice for the victim.
They have also urged the civil society organisations to extend support to the agitations taken up by the JAC to get justice for the victim, it said.
- India thanks New York authorities for returning over 150 antiquities
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 27
- Assam govt failed victims of Baghjan oil well blowout: Congress
- ‘I control police’: Tripura CM mocks judiciary, rakes fresh controversy
- Arunachal Pradesh’s COVID-19 positivity rate dips below 1%
- ST status demand: Assam CM meets Tai-Ahom, Matak community leaders