Imphal: In a ghastly incident, a 51-year-old man was arrested by the police for allegedly raping a four-year-old minor girl in Thoubal district recently, the report said.
As per reports, the accused identified as Md Fayajuddin, a resident of Sangaiyumpham Part II Langkhog Pat, was arrested on February 1 and remanded to police custody for five days after producing before the court.
Based on the rape report, an FIR has been lodged against the culprit at Women Police Station Thoubal under Section 4 of POCSO Act, 2012 and further investigation is on, the report said.
Also Read: Manipur: FIR against man for shooting cow in Ukhrul
Meanwhile, as per the report, a joint action committee (JAC) against the incident has been constituted, which launched various modes of agitation demanding for a death penalty to the accused under POCSO Act, 2012 and justice for the victim.
They have also urged the civil society organisations to extend support to the agitations taken up by the JAC to get justice for the victim, it said.
Also Read: Manipur: Budget 2021 ensures India achieves high growth rate post-COVID-19, says CM
- Karbis ‘not allowed to enter Assam territory’ along Meghalaya border?
- Energy, trade cooperation set to be focus of Modi-Prachanda talks
- Meghalaya: Hawkers selling allopathic medicines sets off alarm bells in Garo Hills
- Nepal wants Indian investments in energy sector, more air routes: FM
- Only 2.74% of loans to self-help groups turned bad: Tripura CM
- NFR collects Rs 62.98 cr from ticketless travellers in 2022-23