Imphal: In a ghastly incident, a 51-year-old man was arrested by the police for allegedly raping a four-year-old minor girl in Thoubal district recently, the report said.
As per reports, the accused identified as Md Fayajuddin, a resident of Sangaiyumpham Part II Langkhog Pat, was arrested on February 1 and remanded to police custody for five days after producing before the court.
Based on the rape report, an FIR has been lodged against the culprit at Women Police Station Thoubal under Section 4 of POCSO Act, 2012 and further investigation is on, the report said.
Meanwhile, as per the report, a joint action committee (JAC) against the incident has been constituted, which launched various modes of agitation demanding for a death penalty to the accused under POCSO Act, 2012 and justice for the victim.
They have also urged the civil society organisations to extend support to the agitations taken up by the JAC to get justice for the victim, it said.
- Congress backed PFI when in power, alleges Minister
- Army capable of giving befitting reply to any power with evil intentions: Rajnath
- Arunachal: 24 TB patients adopted by three Tawang legislators
- Manipur: Flash floods ruin paddy, fishery ponds in Ukhrul
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for September 24
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for September 24