Hazaribag: A jail warden in Jharkhand’s Hazaribag district was suspended from service for allegedly trying to supply ganja to prison inmates, a senior official said on Wednesday.
Yugeshwar Dubey, the warden of Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan Central Jail, was caught with five packets of ganja tucked under his belt on prison premises on Tuesday, Jail Superintendent Kumar Chandrashekhar said.
“I caught him red-handed with the ganja packets. I had information that he would be supplying them to jail inmates,” he explained.
Chandrashekhar also said that Dubey, a retired army jawan, was initially suspended from service, but higher authorities later issued instructions for his dismissal.
- Another Chinese surveillance balloon transiting Latin America: Pentagon
- Meghalaya 2023: NPP promises 5 lakh jobs if it retains power
- Sikkim ‘immigrant’ row: High time Chamling, Golay accept their mistakes
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for February 4
- Bengal gets record allocation of Rs 11,970 crore in Railway budget
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for February 4