Renowned Assamese actor, singer, songwriter, musician, director, and producer Rajkumar Thakuria aka ‘Raku Da’ has been announced as the brand ambassador of Kamrup District of Assam.
The official Twitter handle of District Administration Kamrup shared a post which read, “I am a simpool voter turning into brand ambassador”. Kailash Karthik N, IAS, Deputy Commissioner (DC), Kamrup District has said that the initiative was taken up with the aim to increase awareness among voters in the district.
An important factor that led Mr Rajkumar to be made the brand ambassador of Kamrup is that he is a resident of Mirza which falls under the same district. As he is a local celebrity, the District administration is trying to increase the voter’s count through him.
Mr. Rajkumar has been captivating audiences with his vast body of work and has managed to become one of the most renowned Assamese artists of the decade. The reference to the word ‘simpool’ is from his hit song- ‘You are a doctor and I am a driver’.
- Indian women’s cricket team wins gold at Asian Games
- BJP elects Rikman Momin as Meghalaya state president
- Unveiling the splendours of creative expression: Ziro Literary Festival 2023 beckons
- 88-year-old hero from Mizoram’s Lawngtlai District receives Jeevan Raksha Padak
- Assam-origin entrepreneur launches tea brand with traceable chip packaging
- Mizoram: Ex-chairman of Chakma council convicted of corruption