US actor Dustin Diamond died at the age of 44 on Monday, just weeks after being diagnosed with an aggressive cancer.
According to his agent Roger Paul, Dustin was diagnosed with brutal, relentless form of malignant lung cancer three weeks ago. He also said that after being diagnosed with lung cancer, it managed to spread rapidly throughout Dustin’s system, although he did not suffer much and did not have to lie submerged in pain.
Dustin Diamond was best known for playing the nerdy Screech on the hit TV series Saved by the Bell. He was a California native who launched his career with Good Morning, Miss Bliss, a series about junior high students that only lasted one season.
Dustin Diamond’s Screech character along with several others were transported to the fictional Bay side High School in California for Bell which aired for four seasons starting in 1989. According to reports, in 2009, his tell-all book Behind the Bell contained some juicy behind the scenes tales of the set to which Diamond later admitted it was full of fabricated anecdotes.
In recent years, Dustin Diamond has also worked as a stand-up comedian and appeared on several reality TV shows.
Dustin Diamond’s former co-stars paid tribute to him on Monday, “Deeply saddened to hear of the passing of Dustin Diamond, a true comedic genius,” Mark Paul Gosselaar wrote on Twitter.
“Dustin, you will be missed my man. The fragility of this life is something never to be taken for granted. Prayers for your family will continue on,” his Saved by the Bell co-star Mario Lopez tweeted.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence