Aizawl: The Serchhip Battalion of 23 Sector Assam Rifles recovered unaccounted Indian currency amounting to Rs 80,00,000 in General Area Zokhawthar of Mizoram on Monday.
The operation was carried out by a team of Assam Rifles and Young Mizo Association (YMA) representative, based on specific information.
Security personnel have detained one individual in connection with the unaccounted currency notes and seized a banned Kenbo bike.
Also Read: Mizoram: Assam Rifles seizes areca nut worth over Rs 13 lakh
- Arunachal athletes battling for life after deadly accident
- Manipur: Security forces continue combing operations for 2nd day
- Ties with China cannot progress without peace at border: Jaishankar
- Bengal panchayat polls to be held on July 8
- 2 Bangladesh border guards trespass into Meghalaya, threaten locals
- Manipur situation ‘peaceful’, centre okays Rs 101-cr package for displaced people