Shillong: Meghalaya chief minister Conrad K Sangma welcomed the Union Budget and termed it to be a positive budget.
Speaking with mediapersons, Sangma said, “It is a positive budget and we welcome it. It is the stimulus and push that the economy needed very much and today we have seen that there is going to be a huge push when it comes to infrastructure projects.”
Sangma added that there will be a huge push when it comes to issues regarding farmers and a huge push even in the health sector.
“Therefore, we are seeing that it is going to be a very positive budget with a positive impact on the economy and the push that was required is going to be there,” added Sangma.
Meghalaya will get a tax devolution of Rs 5,105 crore and a revenue gap grant of Rs 1,279 crore for 2021-22.
- Gandhi Jayanti: Famous quotes by Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi
- Shillong: SP Dharkar new chief of IAF Eastern Air Command
- Assam: Historic Ramkhapeeth grabs visitors’ attention during Durga Puja
- Day Round-up: Rosy, Ajith share spotlight with National records
- Meghalaya: Home Secy to file report on measures taken in police vehicle racket
- Tripura: Durga Puja celebrations begin amid tight security