Shillong: Meghalaya chief minister Conrad K Sangma welcomed the Union Budget and termed it to be a positive budget.
Speaking with mediapersons, Sangma said, “It is a positive budget and we welcome it. It is the stimulus and push that the economy needed very much and today we have seen that there is going to be a huge push when it comes to infrastructure projects.”
Sangma added that there will be a huge push when it comes to issues regarding farmers and a huge push even in the health sector.
“Therefore, we are seeing that it is going to be a very positive budget with a positive impact on the economy and the push that was required is going to be there,” added Sangma.
Meghalaya will get a tax devolution of Rs 5,105 crore and a revenue gap grant of Rs 1,279 crore for 2021-22.
- PM Modi inaugurates new Parliament building
- Virupaksha: A horrifying adventure with splendid performances
- Legislation in US Congress to make Diwali a federal holiday
- ChatGPT can’t think: consciousness is something entirely different to today’s AI
- Modi-Biden talks to revolve around peace, prosperity: US Envoy
- Did early humans stop in Arabia for 30,000 years on way out of Africa?