Harda: A carcass of a leopard was found in a forest under Temagaon range of Madhya Pradesh’s Harda district, an official from the forest department said on Tuesday.
As per the initial probe, the leopard is suspected to have died due to electrocution, said Ramesh Rathore, sub- divisional officer (SDO) of the forest department.
The carcass was spotted in the forest near Ambagaon village under Temgaon forest range on Monday evening, the official said.
The preliminary investigation has revealed that some unidentified persons had laid some wires to trap wild animals and the leopard got electrocuted after coming in contact with them, he said.
Three teams of forest officials have been formed to nab the accused, he said, adding that the carcass was disposed of in keeping with guidelines.
- Voting for Tipra Motha is like not giving vote: Himanta in Tripura
- In Meghalaya, a Garo village never got power. Another only got bills
- Rs 1.93 lakh crore military equipment imported between 2017-18 and 2021-22: Govt
- How an obscure US firm profited from sparking Adani’s stock price plunge
- Decoded: Why COVID-19 kills more men than women
- Ultra-processed foods may contribute to cognitive decline