Harda: A carcass of a leopard was found in a forest under Temagaon range of Madhya Pradesh’s Harda district, an official from the forest department said on Tuesday.
As per the initial probe, the leopard is suspected to have died due to electrocution, said Ramesh Rathore, sub- divisional officer (SDO) of the forest department.
The carcass was spotted in the forest near Ambagaon village under Temgaon forest range on Monday evening, the official said.
The preliminary investigation has revealed that some unidentified persons had laid some wires to trap wild animals and the leopard got electrocuted after coming in contact with them, he said.
Three teams of forest officials have been formed to nab the accused, he said, adding that the carcass was disposed of in keeping with guidelines.
- 146 participants from 20 countries join Asian Ranger Forum in Guwahati
- After pineapple, Tripura eyes GI tags for shidol, orange, scented lemon
- In a first, Kyrgyzstan wrestler wins Hornbill Naga wrestling C’ship
- Germany sees Nagaland as a destination for experiential tourism
- ZPM sweeps Mizoram elections
- Nagaland: 2 years on, Konyaks, NSF remember Oting incident