Imphal: Professor S Sanatombi Singha has been appointed as the new vice-chancellor (in-charge) of Manipur University on Monday.
Following the retirement of Professor Amar Yumnam from the service of VC in-charge on superannuation on 31 January, the position was vacant, said registrar Prof W Chandbabu Singh in an order issued.
As per the notification, Prof Singha of the department of Manipuri is the senior-most professor of the Varsity in the state. She will perform the duties of the vice-chancellor (in-charge) with immediate effect until she attains the age of 65 years or a new vice-chancellor assumes the office, it said.
Her appointment follows the decision taken of the Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education, on December 11, 2020 that appropriate action would be taken by the University under Statute 2(6) of the Manipur University Act, 2005.
- Assam NCC cadet clears SSB, to join IAF as flying officer
- Are you wearing the right mask to prevent contracting Covid-19?
- Manipur tribal leader’s murder: Video shows abduction in police presence; 14 cops suspended
- Arunachal: Single-day recoveries outnumber fresh COVID-19 cases
- BTS and Coldplay release highly-anticipated track ‘My Universe’
- Tripura: Two BSF jawans killed, one injured following scuffle