Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman presented her third Budget this year. The Union Budget 2021-22 looks to boost the Indian economy as it comes out of the COVID-19 crisis. The Budget focused primarily on infrastructure, tax reforms, healthcare and other secors.
It lays down the vision for Atmanirbhar Bharat or Self-reliant India. It launched new schemes including Aatmanirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana, Mission Poshan 3.0, Voluntary Vehicle Scrapping Policy aimed at health and wellbeing, agriculture, infrastructure and other sectors. The ambition is to make India a $5 trillion economy.
The Finance Minister announced several tax exemption, increase and withdrawal of benefits. Here is a look at what has become cheaper and expensive:
– Electronics item
– Mobile Phones
– Nylon clothes
– Copper items
(We will keep updating this list to let you know the items that became costlier and cheaper post Union Budget 2021-22.)
- Mizoram youth disfigures BTS banner, apologises after threat of legal action
- Active COVID-19 cases lowest in 221 days
- Prominent personalities request B’desh PM to act against vandals
- Assam: Elephant found dead in Goalpara
- Assam: Afghan national arrested in Biswanath
- CM issues directions for smooth disbursal of pension in Assam